Thursday, June 3, 2010

In-between

I feel like I'm in an in-between. You know, that moment after you take a deep breath, right before you exhale? That's how I'd describe my life at the moment. I'm just... waiting.

Granted, there are plenty of things to do. I have mochis to sew, costumes to plan, drawings to finally ink and color, and a whole room that has to be cleaned. But I feel like I'm constantly waiting for something to happen, and I have no idea what.

But I tend to get this way in the early parts of summer. My brain hasn't slowed down with small-town life quite yet after the feverish month of May. It hasn't had time to hit the pause button and relax.

I've been staying up late too. But, then again, it was kind of inevitable that I would spend my time creating things until 3am. I like the night more. I know that sounds cliche, but I truly enjoy the dark and how it creates a different atmosphere in a place. There's a quietness about my house after 11pm, and I enjoy being awake for that.

Well, I suppose I shouldn't let my first post here just be a random drabble from my head. I started looking up plane tickets for Wales today. Ugh. It's too bad I couldn't get a flight with the large group of people going over. I'm terrified of flying to Manchester. One, I've never flown before, ever. And two, it's overseas. There's no one to help me if I get lost or lose my way. And that scares the crap out of me. Luckily, one of my friends is booked on a flight with some seats left. It just has a 7 hour layover in NYC... Ugh. I just need to keep in mind my favorite lyrics by OkGo: "Let it go, this too shall pass."

Until next time bloggity

No comments:

Post a Comment