Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dear Mom

Hey Mom,

I'm staying up late again. I know, I need to go to bed at a decent hour and such. All the feelings of leaving in 16 hours have me hyped up and wide awake.

I just wanted to say, Thank you Mom. Thank you for letting me have the opportunity to do what I'm about to do. Thanks for holding my hand as I stumbled my way up to this point, to be leaving on that airplane tomorrow, erm today. I love you so much. And I am going to miss you like crazy. You have always been there for me, a pillar of support and strength to lean on and it's going to be interesting to cope with not being able to talk to you on the phone or in person everyday. (A perk of going to college in town, that I love to exploit.)

I know that me leaving for these 3 1/2 months is going to be as hard for you as it is for me. But Mom, I want you to know that I'll be okay. You raised me to be the strong young woman I am today. I can handle this. We can handle this. 3 1/2 months isn't forever, and soon I'll be back home demanding you make me food and generally being a nuisance. I've always admired your perseverance and strength Mom. Now it my time to go take a test-drive of these qualities I have inherited from you in the "real" world, or as real as a college campus can be.

I love you Mom. I'll see you in 3 1/2 months. 110 days. It's not so long is it?

Bye

<3, your Baby Girl

1 comment:

  1. My wonderful Baby Girl,

    I more proud of you than words can describe. Yes I will miss you like crazy, but I know you are in for an epic adventure.

    I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete